Named for its wheel, Roulette is found at all real money casinos. It’s one of the oldest games in casinos and first became popular in France in the 18th Century. Roulette consists of a felt board and a wheel with black, white, red and green on it. It’s a game that allows players to place bets on a number or colour on the wheel where they believe the ball will land. Roulette is an easy game to learn as it’s uncomplicated and is known as a game of luck.
How To Play Roulette Online
Unlike some of the other more complicated Table games, Roulette is all about guessing where the ball will land and placing your bet accordingly. Many players base their wagers on specific odds. If you are a new player to the game, try it out on the casino’s free games before wagering any real money.
Here’s how to play online Roulette:
- Know the rules of the game. Different variants have different rules, and it is essential to understand them before placing real money bets.
- When you play a game of Roulette, your odds are better when you place bets on more than one number at a time. The different types of bets are combo bets, red/black and odd/even are high bets also if you are a beginner.
- There are a few Roulette strategies that players can try, but at the end of the day, nobody can guarantee where the ball will land. It is gambling, after all.
- Understand the wheel has 38 numbers if you are playing the European version. You will also notice the numbers are not consecutively listed but out of sequence but do alternate from red to black.
- At some online casinos, the wheel remains stationary until all the bets are locked in, and then the wheel will spin in one direction and the ball in the opposite direction.
- The betting board is where you place your bets. There are various ways bets can be placed, bet on the first dozen, the second dozen, or the third dozen. You can also bet on the three columns, the first 18 numbers or the second 18 numbers.
- The other bets you should know about are the street bet (which is where you bet on three numbers in a row), the corner bet (betting on four number) the split bet( betting on two digits) and finally the line bet (betting on six numbers)
Top Real Money Roulette Casinos for South African Players
There are many factors to consider before South African players sign up at Real Money casinos as not all online casinos accept players from SA nor their currency, ZAR. When you play at a Real Money Roulette Casino FOR South Africans is the following:
- Fast payouts and top security
- Accept South African Rand
- Good payout percentages
- A wide selection of games
The top online real money roulette casinos are:
- Yebo Casino
- Punt Casino
- ZAR Casino
- Yeti Casino
- Europa Casino
- Omni Casino
Types of Real Money Roulette
Playing online Roulette for real money has become a popular online casino game. It’s simple and easy to learn with minimal strategies needed. There are several variants of real money roulette and some of the roulette games you will find at online casinos are:
- 3D Roulette
- Pinball Roulette
- Progressive Roulette
- French Roulette
- European Roulette
- Progressive Roulette
- Multi-wheel Roulette.
Online casinos that have a live casino also have some fantastic Roulette variants and what’s better than hearing the wheel spin and the ball clink while interacting with a live dealer.
What most call European Roulette is the game of Roulette played on a 37 number wheel, with only one zero. It pays the same as American Roulette; however, with only one zero, the house edge is less, and it allows the players a more significant advantage to earn.
As already stated the European Roulette wheel has 37 divisions with numbers from 1 to 36 and a 0. The numbers are in red and black and the zero in green. The aim when playing this table game is to predict which numbered pocket the roulette ball is going to settle in and players make bets on particular numbers. Once the bets are locked in, the dealer turns the Roulette wheel in one direction and spins the ball in the opposite direction.
Gambling is a mixture of entertainment and winning, so we have put what we call online roulette strategies guide together with some useful tips to help you succeed when playing at an online casino:
- Start betting small to be able to double your stakes for longer
- Don’t bet on zero, instead, choose red/black, 1-18 or 19-36
- Even when you win, do not raise the bet, keep your win and wager at the same amount.
- Double the bet each time you lose
- Keep the bet on the same colour/number
- Continue to play for as long as your bankroll allows or win with enough to leave.
American Roulette is one of the table games that has gained massive popularity throughout the United States. Funnily enough, is it gaining momentum in the UK and Asia as well however is avoided by players in Europe.
American Roulette is different to European Roulette as it has 38 divisions, not 37 divisions with the numbers from 1 to 36, 0 and 00. The numbers are in red and black while the single and double zero are in green. Like European Roulette, this game aim is to predict where the ball will land. Players place bets on a particular number after which the dealer turns the wheel in one direction and throws the ball in the opposite and when the ball lands in a specific pocket the winning players receive their cash prizes.
Herewith a few tips for beginners:
· Before placing real money, bets have a few spins on a free table
· Always choose a reputable casino
· As a beginner place outside bets for starters which means place bets on colours, high or low numbers or odd or even numbers
· Keep track of your prior sessions and use them as a guide for making projections.
French Roulette is rated as one of the best Roulette games in online casinos. It features a single zero Roulette wheel, like the European Roulette wheel. It also has the numbers 1 through to 36 and a zero which is different to the American wheel which has a single and a double zero.
The single zero roulette wheel is a plus as every number on the wheel has a 1 out of 37 chance of winning which is better than 1 out of 38. Finding a single zero roulette wheel is a good strategy for starters. The French Roulette table is in green, but this is strictly a design element as you will be placing bets on red and black as you would in European Roulette. Another thing you may notice about the online French Roulette table is that it is in French, no need to panic though as there are English subtitles.
There is a unique feature about French Roulette, and it’s the La Partage Rule or also known as En Prison. This rule states that if you make an even-money bet and the ball lands on zero, you get half of your bet back. In essence, to simplify its meaning, it’s the sharing or dividing rule.
French Roulette is classy and unique, its green table and French lettering add some piazza notwithstanding the La Partage rule that increases your winning chances. Overall it’s a great online casino game.
Valuable Tips To Win Online Roulette South Africa Style
Roulette is a timeless casino classic and involves wagering on where the ball lands on a spinning wheel evoking imagery of style and luxury. Roulette is unique in the sense it has several different bet types on every spin, allowing players a variety of choices when playing this table game. Before you start playing this game herewith a few tips to get you started:
- Understand the bet types
- Play the online Roulette variant with the lowest house edge
- Explore the En Prison and La Partage rules in French Roulette
- Find a Roulette game that offers a bonus
- Beware of the betting systems
Like all skill-based online casino games, players will come across several different strategies on how to play Roulette and should be selective in what they read. There may be some value to these systems roulette remains a game of chance, and along with applying the above tips you also need an element of luck to hit winning numbers.
Learn bankroll management
Managing your bankroll when playing online casino games is a crucial factor, and you can’t win without wagering some of your hard-earned money. The key to this is not over-spending your allocated budget and here are a few tips to help you do exactly that:
- For starters set a budget- never spend more than you can afford
- Keep track of your spending
- Know your bet range.
- Leave emotion at the door- be smart and play with patience.
- Withdraw your deposit – do this as soon as you have doubled what you put in.
Pick the right bonus
There is fierce competition in the online casino industry, and due to this, bonuses are a dime a dozen. Selecting the right bonus for you is critical, be it playing online slots or any other online casino game. There are so many variations of bonuses like the match bonus, free spins and the popular no deposit bonus. When choosing a bonus, take the following into account:
- Amount of the bonus
- Validity period
- Wagering requirements
- Match bonus percentage
- Game Selection
- Bonuses should be simple and clear, like the no deposit bonus
Playing Real Money Roulette Online
South African Roulette fans can play Roulette and variants of the game at their favourite online casinos for real money. Going back in the history of online Roulette, gambling houses in the US and South Africa had skilful cheats who did everything they could to rig the wheel and win big prizes.
Today this cannot be done as the games at online casinos are tested regularly and guaranteed to be fair and random.
Playing for real money allows you to play online Roulette at stake levels you are comfortable with, it also suggested to never play more than 10% of your set budget at a time. It is crucial as Roulette involves risk, the risk of losing your money, so make sure you have enough money for at least ten bets from the start.
A Brief History Of Roulette
The game of Roulette found at all online casinos was first devised in France and dated back to the 18th Century. Many historians firmly believe it was first designed in the 17th Century by Blaise Pascal in his search for a perpetual motion machine. A perpetual motion machine is one that operates continuously without drawing energy from an external source. Pascal’s process failed, but it gave rise to one of the most popular games which we today know as Roulette.
A fun fact, the zero in the game of Roulette did not exist until the mid-19th Century when Francois and Lois Blanc designed a Roulette wheel with a single zero specifically for King Charles of Monaco. In doing so, everything changed everything because adding the extra zero gave the house a more significant edge.
Roulette did not escape American influence, and in the 1800’s it made its way across onto US shores. To give the house a bigger edge, a double zero was added to the Roulette Wheel and American Roulette was born. Instead of 37 numbers, American Roulette has 38.
Online Roulette for Real Money FAQs
How does the game of roulette work?
Chance plays a significant role in the game of Roulette. Players place a bet on the board and hope the ball lands on the colour or number the player has chosen.
Are roulette tables rigged?
Roulette wheels have not rigged the outcome of the games. They are random in a way that is fair as far as the Government is concerned.
Can you win at Roulette?
Yes, you can win at Roulette; however, there is no foolproof strategy to assist in winning when playing the game of Roulette.
Can live dealers make you lose your stake?
No, they cannot, as the casinos do not control where the ball lands and live dealers are monitored closely to ensure the wins are random.
What is the best bet in Roulette?
The best bet on Roulette is on European Roulette which offers the en prison option. Which is where you’re even-money bet becomes imprisoned when the ball lands on the zero.